SOME TIPS FOR USING EXERCISE BIKES
Exercise bikes are one of the best fitness equipment one can use. They are easy to use; one can burn a lot of calories in a short period of time. Exercise bikes do not occupy a lot of space; this is good because one can use them in the house and exercise at his own time. Here are some of the advantages of using them.
- When using exercise bikes, you can multitask. You can watch your TV when you are still excising or even read a novel. This will help you not feel tired easily and therefore work for a longer time.
- Due to the comfortable seat, they are very good for people who are recovering from injuries.
- The exercise bikes improve fitness and help you lose weight at the same time without too much effort.
- Riding the bike is easy for your joints. There is hardly any stress on your joints; therefore, it is hard to inflict any injuries.
- These exercise bikes have a reasonable price depending on your budget. Different brands have different prices.
However, for them to last long, they should be well maintained. Here are some of the tips to help you keep your exercise bike in good working conditions and make it last long:
- Pedals are the parts that usually wear out easily, before starting your exercises make sure that your pedals are tight, a loose pedal can fall out easily when you are working out and cause injury.
- Make sure to clean your exercise bike after use, wipe down the handles and seat with a cloth and make sure they are dry. Leaving it wet can cause it to crack, and it won’t be comfortable when you sit down. This will also help the bike to be germ-free.
- Always make sure that the brake pads are in good condition, you will occasionally need to lubricate the brake pads and also replace them. Remember always to keep them clean.
- The more you ride your exercise bike, the more your tension belts will wear and tear. Make sure you examine them on a monthly basis and always make sure the belt is not slipping.
- Proper positioning and alignment ensure you have the best workouts. If your seat is too low, you can suffer from knee and hip pain. If your handles are too close, you can suffer from back pain. Always make sure that everything is in the right position, especially if more than one person is using the exercise bike.
- If you hear any unusual noises, stop immediately and check. This is always good to avoid the bike from tearing more.
When buying one, you should always compare different models. There are so many brands in the market which may confuse you always chose one which is durably made with good materials and will last long. Your target when exercising should be, not to take breaks during your exercise. Thus, every person should have exercise bikes in the house, and there won’t have any chance to miss your workouts even on rainy days.
Click on the Amazon Best Sellers in Exercise Bikes