We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you are having a bike with a bike rack, then not having any knowledge of how to use a bike rack will just be absurd. This is because; to make the best of a bike rack will just keep your bike very safe in case of longer transportation. Suppose, you are about to move more than a hundred kilometers with your bike and you won’t be able to cover this distance in your own bike but through local transport. But do you think that you will easily be able to take your bike along with you without a suitable bike rack? Well, that’ll be just taking a ton with you without any help.
With the help of a simple bike rack, you can easily mount your bike up with any convenient vehicle. Not only on vehicles, but you can also move your rack with you and provide a safeguard to your bikes at any place. Now that you already have known the significance of a bike rack, you better also be acknowledged with the usage procedures and the way to use a bike rack very swiftly.
Why bike racks are used:
Mainly, the bike rack is an equipment that is used for keeping the bike tightly and safely. Through every bike has its own stand and leaning on the stand can also keep the bike steady. But it doesn’t assure the safety and rigidity of the bike. Any sort of traumatic push can cause the bike to fall and damage its glow through scratches and tears on several portions. However, due to this, bike racks are very important.
Moreover, bike racks have been very important for transportation. Nowadays, you can use different sorts of bike racks on different public transportation like buses, trains, cars, jeeps, etc. This phenomenon has been very popular nowadays because everyone likes a vehicle for short distances for which bikes are very good. It not only gives steady physical exercising activities but also helps to save time a lot.
Bike racks nowadays on vehicles are portable yet classy. They are mountable and easy to operate. Such bike racks can easily be mounted on the roof, on the back door on the front portion of a vehicle with ease. For example, mounting front bike racks on cars won’t be good because it will hassle the drivers driving vision; therefore, it will be best if mounted on the back. On the other hand, racks on the front of a bus will help more than mounting it on the back.
Few things to know about using bike racks:
Bike racks are very important for the ease of bike transportation for long distances or distances where biking isn’t allowed by traffic rules. Therefore, it is necessary to know few things, which lie in the rules of using a nice bike rack. Some of the most important things that you should know about bike racks are-
1. You have to give a signal to the vehicle driver on which you are about to mount your bike on the rack for your own safety.
2. Mount the curbside of the bike on the vehicle for your own safety so that you do not step on the oncoming vehicles line. This is very important.
3. It’s better not to use any personal lock on the bike rack. It might hassle the weight distribution on the rack and ultimately cause the vibration of the bike unnecessarily.
4. After you’ve mounted your bike on the rack, make sure that you don’t have any loose objects left on the bike. It might cause problems if it faces too much vibration.
How to use a bike rack:
Now that you’ve attained all the preliminary lessons for a bike rack, you better now get acknowledged with “how to use a bike rack”. Staging steps for using a bike rack will be better convenient for people to understand:
1. Before mounting the bike on the rack, its necessary to remove all the loose objects like water bottles, chain locks, lights, panniers, pumps, etc. This will help to reduce weight and also stiff the bike easily onto the rack.
2. You have to lift the bike and put the bike on the rack where the bike fits totally. Make sure that your bike wheels have at least 40 cm diameter. Lower than 40 cm diameter wheeled bikes wont fit onto the rack totally and might cause loose setting and ultimately bike fall from the running vehicle.
3. After you have mounted the bike tightly onto the rack rails, you have to put the support arm on the frontal bike wheel. This is a support for the bike to forbid moving back and forth.
4. For cars, you have to make sure that your bike racks are mounted on the back tightly. It would be best if you can keep the bikes at position where you can see through the side mirrors. This will be a safeguard for you and also your vehicles.
5. If you want to use rooftop racks for your hitch bikes, you have to make sure that you use extra knots with the bike along with the rack-supporting arm on the bike wheels.
6. After mounting the bike totally on the rack, make sure that you sit on the front of the bus; best if beside the drivers seat. Keeping an eye on the bike with the rack is very important so that you can get alert in any kind of danger.
7. When you are to get down with the bike, then tell the driver to stop the bus at a side of the road and make him alert. Then slowly pull the supporting arm off the bike and pull your bike up from the rails and put it down on the road. Keep the arm at the steady place and pick the rack up on the bus.
Importance of bike rack in your life:
Transportation always has great expenses; especially short ones compared to the long ones. But if you can manage a rack when you have a bike of your own, then you can carry it easily anywhere and then make short distance travelling easily without any problem.
You certainly can be very mobile and can make moves portably. But above all, to know how to use a bike rack is the most important thing in this matter because without this knowledge, none can make the best use of it.
Please go through the performance bike shop for reviews of the product to gain more insight into the product. You can also buy this bike carrier directly from the official product website.