- 1 Best Yakima Bike Rack Reviews in 2020
- 1.1 1). Yakima DoubleDown 4 Bike Hitch Mount Rack Review
- 1.2 2). Yakima Viper Bike Rack Review
- 1.3 3). Yakima Raptor Bike Rack Review
- 1.4 4). Yakima BOA Bike Rack Review
- 1.5 View more Yakima Bike Racks on Amazon.com, the best choice for you.
- 2 About Post Author
- Specially Designed Cradle To Reduce Wear And Damage – Yakima’s special cradle called the switchblade will keep your bikes from damaging themselves. Swaying can wear or even damage your favorite bike creating a bad day. Less sway means fewer worries for you and that means more enjoyable riding.
- Narrow Arms For Supporting Most Bikes – The arms on this carrier are narrow enough to fit most bikes. Some riders have reported that they have difficulty with the kids’ bikes. Usually, most get them on after a few minutes of trying them in different positions.
- Powder Coat Finish For Durability -This type of coating helps keep your rack looking good. It’s durable so it will withstand wear and tear. Although any coating overall does not weigh that much, the powder coat is lighter than paint therefore it does help in keeping the weight down.
- Versatility In-Vehicle Mounting – No need to worry about which size receiver you have. Yakima had the foresight to know the Class II and Class III mounts are the most widely used and included an adapter. You can easily change from a 2-inch hitch to a 1 1/4 inch hitch. Riding with a friend with a different size hidden tow mount is not a problem.
- Almost Anyone Can Move It – This unit is handled fairly easily. Weighing in at 37.5 pounds most anyone can move it around if swapping vehicles or needing to be removed for other activities.
- Proprietary Pin Is Frustrating But Offers Less Vibration – One complaint is that you have to use Yakima’s own hitch pin. What the upside is for this (and other manufacturers who do this) is that their special pin will cinch down on to the main tube. By doing this the amount of noise and vibration is reduced making a more comfortable ride for you and your passengers.
- Smooth Transport For Your Bikes – The Double Down is a stable and sturdy way to move around your rides. You will drive easy knowing that your bikes will ride smoothly through rush hour traffic or through backwoods roads.
- 9mm stainless steel, lockable, long-throw skewer
- Compatible with most disc brakes
- Fits a wide range of wheels and tires
- No-tool installation to avoid are my tools really
- Ergonomic lever for single-side adjustment
Who Should Buy a Yakima Viper Bike Rack?The Yakima Viper will appeal to cyclists who prefer a roof rack system that doesn’t get in the way of vehicle storage compartments. And the fork-secured design offers a greater degree of safety for your bike. Families with a wide variety of bikes, from roadsters to mountain bikes, will appreciate the full range of tire widths the Viper bike tray can accommodate. This rack delivers affordable quality and reliability in every mount!
Yakima Viper Fork Mount Rooftop Bicycle Rack Deal Online on Amazon
- Capacity: 1 bike, up to 40 lbs at min of 18″ crossbar spread; or up to 30 lbs at min of 16″ crossbar spread.
- Weight: 13.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 56.00 in x W 7.00 in x H 7.50 in.
- Universal built-in hardware fits round, square, factory, and aerodynamic crossbars
- Zero contact with the bike frame.
- Carries your complete bike – no front wheel removal necessary
- Holds the bike upright
- No tools or assembly required for quick and easy install
- Fits 20” to 29” wheels
Who Should Buy a Yakima Raptor Bike Rack?This may be the right rack for you if you are price conscious, need a good quality, basic unit, and prefer to mount on the roof. If you like your rack to be out of the way while loading your vehicle’s storage compartments, this is an extra bonus. One note of caution: Yakima specifies that this unit is not to be used with bikes sporting a composite down tube. It that applies you, try the Boa or Cobra from Yakima.
Yakima Raptor Bike Racks for Sale Online on Amazon
Shop now at Amazon.com Product’s Features:
- The Yakima Boa Bike Mount’s unique design will not constrict your budget, unlike the feathery fashion accessory that shares its name. It’s especially stupendous for mounting bikes to a Load Warrior basket but works great on crossbars too. And Coach doesn’t use the word ‘stupendous’ loosely. Coach does, however, use the word ‘meathead’ quite loosely.
- Features Pivoting wheel tray enables it to fit any crossbar spread between 32″ and 50″ Aerodynamic fork block fits round and square crossbars Fork attaches quickly and easily to lockable skewer (locks sold separately) Disc brake compatible This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don’t hate us.
Who Should Buy a Yakima Boa Bike RackThe cyclist who mainly transports their ride short distances will do very well with the Boa. Because it does not feature a long tray like other Yak’s, it may not provide the same stability on long trips or over tough roads. But because of the price and convenience, great installation and storage features, this unit adorns the roofs of bikers everywhere.
Yakima Boa Bike Racks for Sale Online on Amazon.
View more Yakima Bike Racks on Amazon.com, the best choice for you.Yakima is one of the most trusted names in the industry and we have tried to include a wide assortment of Yakima roof racks, Yakima hitch mount racks and Yakima Trunk-Mount racks for you to research. If by chance we have missed a Yakima Bike Rack that you are interested in then please go through the performance bike shop for reviews of the product to gain more insight into the product. You can also buy this bike carrier directly from the official product website.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]