You may be a serious mountain biker or just the type who just rides the bike around the park to relax. In any case, there are always times when you need to travel long distances with your bike, and for this, you need to carry your bike atop the car. This is where the Thule outride 561 will come in handy. Carrying your bike on your car can be precarious because if the bike slips and falls it could be damaged irreparably. This is the reason that when you buy a bike carrier, you should go through some reviews.
- Fits 9mm QR axles
- Product Dimensions:44 x 9 x 5 inches ; 5.5 pounds
- One key lock (locks sold separately)
- Fits all bikes with up to a 3-inch wide tire
- T-track and around the bar compatible out of the box
- Fits Thule Aero blade, Aero blade edge, square bar, and most aftermarket racks
- Sleek, lightweight, and convenient.
- A quick-release wheel strap firmly secures the rear wheel for smooth travel
- The Outride offers a professional and stylish roof-mounted carrier.
- Easily adjustable snap-on fastener for all types of forks
- Light and elegant aluminum design
- Suits bikes equipped with disc brakes
- T-Track adapters (20x20mm)
- Weight per bike is 17 kg
- Lockable bike to bike carrier, bike carrier to load carrier
- Quick-release wheel straps
- Wheel sizes up to 2,5 inches
- Adjusting and securing is done comfortably and quickly at roof height
So far the Thule carrier has performed up to the satisfaction of most of its customers. Most of them say that this carrier is very user-friendly and provides optimum safety. So much so that you will not be able to realize that you have a bike in your car. There is absolutely no sailing effect. Especially if you have a bike with a carbon frame, this is just the right carrier to buy. The size of the bike is immaterial as you will be able to carry your full-size bike as well your kid’s smaller ones with equal ease. The Thule carrier protects the bike frame from getting damaged while in transit.
This model is well made from the best quality raw material to provide a sturdy end product. Although it is true that you have to pay for the quality and the price of this carrier may seem a bit high to some people. Especially because you also have to buy the fittings and the roof bars. However, you will not regret investing your money when you buy this product if the safety of your bike is your prime concern.
In fact, when it comes to carrying a large item like a bike atop your car, there can be more hazards than just damage to the bike. If the bike is unsteady while you are driving you may lose your concentration and the chances of an accident increase. At the same time, the roof of the car or other parts could get damaged due to an improper carrier. This is the reason that spending a little extra on the Thule outride 561 should not hurt so much.
Some people have given additional information in their reviews which says that there is a slight issue with swapping of the fittings to change the position of the car. Some people also say that the lock mechanism on the fork can come loose between uses and may need to be adjusted every time. Apart from these few minor issues, most people buying the Thule carrier have given positive reviews about it.
It is also pretty simple to buy the carrier online either from the Thule online store or other major stores. All you have to do is search for the product and place your order. You will get a complete description of the Thule Outride 561 on most of these sites. This will help you to make an informed decision.Please go through the performance bike shop for reviews of the product to gain more insight into the product. You can also buy this bike carrier directly from the official product website. View more thule roof bike racks on Amazon.com, the best choice for you.