- 1 Best Bike Racks Reviews
- 1.1 Top Rated Bike Racks Reviews in 2020
- 1.1.1 1). Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack Reviews
- 1.1.2 2). Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack Review
- 1.1.3 Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack Product Reviews
- 1.1.4 3). Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack Review
- 1.1.5 4). Hollywood F4 Bike Rack Review
- 1.1.6 5). Thule T2 Pro XT 2 Bike Rack Review
- 1.1.7 Where to Buy Best Bike Racks?
- 1.2 About Post Author
- 1.1 Top Rated Bike Racks Reviews in 2020
Top Rated Bike Racks Reviews in 2020
1). Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack ReviewsThe Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack is a very affordable rack for carrying 2 bikes using your 2-inch receiver hitch. It’s easy to attach to your vehicle and is built with high-strength steel construction which will keep your bikes sturdy and safe through even the toughest trips. The bikes are secured to the rack with soft rubber cradles to protect the bike frame while straps hold the bike in place. The Thule Parkway 2 is easy to load while keeping your bikes safely off the ground. Some racks are a bit lower but can pose a real problem when dealing with deep gutters, speed bumps, and the like. The rack easily tilts down to give you full access to your trunk, tailgate or hatch. Thule also offers accessories to enhance the rack, which is sold separately. One accessory to consider is the 6-foot braided steel cable, which locks the bikes securely to the carrier. No security system will ever make your bikes theft-proof, and vigilance is always your best strategy, but the security cable makes your bikes a much less attractive option. The other accessory worth noting is the Snug-Tite™ receiver lock, which will lock your rack to your vehicle while eliminating any movement in the receiver caused by a loose fit.
Here are several wonderful features and specs of the Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack:
- Carries 2 bikes safely and securely using your receiver hitch
- Fits standard 2″ receiver hitches
- Dual bike-arm design works with all types of bikes
- Soft rubber cradles hold your bike securely while protecting your frame from damage
- Rack easily tilts away from your vehicle to give easy access to your trunk, tailgate or hatch
- Built with high-strength steel construction to withstand the toughest conditions
- Available 6-foot braided steel cable for additional security (sold separately)
- Available Snug-Tite™ receiver lock to lock the rack to vehicle and eliminate sloppy receiver fit
The Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack Product ReviewsThe Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack gets high marks from the numerous online reviews we researched. Owners found that the rack was very easy to install, though one reviewer points out that as it comes, it offers no theft protection, and recommends adding a locking pin to prevent somebody with a wrench from taking the rack, bikes and all. Reviewers also commented on how much they liked the tilt-down feature, and how easy it made it access the backs of their vehicles.
Should Use The Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack Product?There is a review that mentioned bikes not staying securely in place while driving, which could result in the bikes bumping into each other and potential scratching or other damage. Some racks include additional straps to prevent this, which the Thule Parkway 2 does not, though it’s easy enough to get basic straps or bungee cords at your hardware store which will accomplish the same thing. The overall consensus of all the reviews we researched on the Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack was that this is a solid, basic, affordable hitch-mount bike rack. It is well-built, made to last, and the tilt-down feature makes accessing your vehicle a snap. With all this in mind, we easily give the Thule Parkway 2 our buying recommendation.
The Thule Parkway 2 Bike Hitch Rack for Sales on Amazon
2). Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack ReviewThe Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack is an economical bike rack that mounts on most car rack systems. Carry your bike on your roof safely and securely without spending a fortune. The rack fits most bikes with traditional “diamond” geometry frames and 1″-3″ diameter down tubes (including bikes with disc brakes or thru-axles). The Raptor Aero allows you to transport your bike in an upright position without removing the front wheel. You just strap the front and rear wheels with ratcheting straps, then attach the two rods to the frame of your bike. The roof bike rack fits on most car rack systems with round or square crossbars as-is but can be adapted to fit others with Yakima MightyMounts (sold separately). Also, you can add multiple roof racks to carry multiple bikes on your vehicle.
Below are a few wonderful features, benefits and specs of the Yakima Raptor Aero bicycle carrier:
- Carries 1 bike on your roof, or you can get multiple racks to carry more
- No need to remove the front wheel to mount bike
- Fits 1″-3″ downtubes (works well with traditional “diamond” geometry frames)
- Compatible with less traditional bikes (like those with disc brakes and thru-axles)
- Mounts easily with ratcheting wheel straps
- Fits most car rack systems with round or square crossbars
- Can be adjusted to other car rack systems with MightyMounts (sold separately)
- Very affordable bike carrier rack for such quality and sturdiness
Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack Product ReviewsReviews on The Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack were generally excellent. Many reviewers mentioned how easy it was to install, and how sturdy it held their bikes up, even on long road trips. They mentioned how well it fit even oversized tires, and how strong the rack is. It takes great advantage of existing roof racks without having to invest in aftermarket systems. Reviewers also pointed out that you could mount up to three of these racks wide for carrying multiple bikes.
Should Use The Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack Product?Probably the only con that people mentioned with this rooftop upright bike rack was the difficulty in hoisting the bikes up to the roof, but, if you decide on a roof rack, that’s exactly how they work, and every roof rack will require hoisting a bike up. Once you’ve got the bike up on your vehicle’s roof, reviewers really seemed to like not having to remove the front wheel to mount the bike on the rack. The rack allows you to mount the bike with wheels intact using the simple ratcheting wheel straps. After researching reviews completely on the Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack, it’s clear that buyers are really happy with their decision to purchase their Yakima Raptor bike rack. Many said they checked out all big-name roof racks before deciding on their purchase, and a number said it’s the best rook rack they’ve ever owned. Based on all the discussion by buyers on the ease of use, sturdiness and affordable price, we would have to give the Yakima Raptor rack our recommendation as a great buy.
The Yakima Raptor Aero Rooftop Upright Bike Rack for Sales on Amazon
3). Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack ReviewThe Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack is a simple, stylish and strong trunk-mount bike rack. Conceived by Saris and famous designer Fabio Pedrini, this rack received 4.3 out of 5 stars from Amazon. The bike rack was designed to be easy to install and simple to use, and it delivers on both counts. The arc-shaped design allows it to fit easily over rear spoilers and on every vehicle type, from minivans to sedans. And it separates the bikes on two different levels, making for easier separation and less possibility of damage. The Saris Bones 2 is built entirely of recycled materials, will never rust, and is extremely strong due to the injection-molded arms and legs. The trunk mount bike rack accommodates 2 bikes and a total weight rating of 70 pounds (35 pounds per bike). Additional features you’ll appreciate include ratchet straps will keep your bike securely fastened to the rack, an exclusive anti-sway design to keep the bikes stable, and articulated rubber feet to protect your vehicle’s finish. Installation is a breeze, thanks to vinyl-coated hooks with spring buckles.
- Carries 2 bikes at different levels for maximum protection
- Weight rating of 70 pounds (35 pounds per bike)
- Constructed entirely of recycled plastic, the trunk bike rack is injection-molded for maximum strength (no rust)
- Ratchet straps hold your bike down securely to carry arms
- Exclusive anti-sway technology keeps your bikes from moving during transport
- Articulated rubber feet protect your vehicle’s finish
- Vinyl-coated hooks with spring buckles secure the rack to your vehicle
- Made in Madison, Wisconsin and covered by a limited lifetime warranty
Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack Product ReviewsReviewers seem to love the Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack as much as Bicycling Magazine did, as the average rating of the reviews we researched was also 4.5 out of 5 stars. While buyers did like the styling of the Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack, most acknowledged that they don’t consider style too much in deciding on a bike rack. Fortunately, the rack measured the factors they considered important as well. Reviewers mentioned repeatedly what great quality the rack is, and how sturdy it is when mounted. They praise the ease of installation, and like how the rack holds the bikes away from the car to eliminate a bike bumping into your vehicle and causing damage.
Should Use The Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack Product?Buyers also couldn’t say enough good things about the company. Saris is based in Madison, Wisconsin, and their customer service is praised over and over in customer reviews. They do mention that some bikes, particularly women’s frames, may require extra accessories to fit, which are sold separately by Saris. This is pretty common with bike racks but is a consideration when comparing prices. They also mentioned that it may take a couple uses to get the hang of setting it up properly, though they said that once you get it, it’s extremely easy to use. Overall, the reviewers found the Saris Bones 805 to be an exceptional value, and they were very happy with their purchase. Based on all the research we compiled for this review, the Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack is a terrific trunk-mount rack, and gets a strong recommendation from us.
Saris Bones 805 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack for Sale on Amazon
4). Hollywood F4 Bike Rack ReviewSome bike owners know that their bike rack is going to receive more punishment than others. Going off-road, carrying a heavy load of bikes, and frequent use create wear and tear. The Hollywood F4 bike rack was made for you if this is how you plan to use it. Their heaviest-duty rack, it features thick steel tubing and reinforced hardware. The positioning system is fully adjustable and will allow the rack to fit snugly on all makes and models, from sedans to SUV’s. Quality padding protects vehicles and bikes alike. Extra side straps provide additional security for hauling on rough roads or up a mountain. The motorcycle tie-downs and quality buckles will mean your bikes will arrive safe and sound. When not in use, it folds up for easy storage.
Some features and specs of the Hollywood F4 Bike Rack product:
- Carries up to four bikes
- Extra-heavy-duty steel tubing and hardware
- Dual-positioning trunk/bumper system allows
- Custom-fit on most sedans, SUVs, and minivans
- Motorcycle tie-down buckles
- Integrated tie-down strap
- Extra side straps
- Comes fully pre-assembled
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Dayglow safety flag
Who Should Buy the Hollywood F4 Bike Rack product?This will be the chosen rack of those who want to get their bikes to out-of-the-way places. Mountain-bike riders are among its most enthusiastic owners. It easily handles four bikes and has a 150-pound load capacity. And the fact that it does not use a hitch-based system, which some deem unsteady, is a major plus for some. If you need a rugged and dependable rack, the F4 will make you happy.
Hollywood F4 Bike Racks for Sale on Amazon
5). Thule T2 Pro XT 2 Bike Rack ReviewThe Thule T2 Pro XT2 Bike Rack is a premium platform hitch rack for your bikes. Platform bike racks make it easy to load bikes on and get them off without much lifting and without threading the bike onto the horizontal bars of a standard rack. The Thule T2 Pro XT 2 Bike Rack also features Thule’s SecureHook™, a bar that comes up from the rack to grab the front wheel. The SecureHook™ allows you to secure the bike without making frame contact (which leads to rubbing and marring of your finish), and rear straps secure the back wheel. The rack has a lever called a Hitch Switch™, which allows the entire rack to tilt away from your vehicle for easy access to rear doors, gates, or hatches. The Thule T2 tray is rust-free and reinforced for maximum strength.
Below are some features and specs of the Thule T2 Pro XT 2 Bike Rack:
- Premium platform hitch bike rack for 2-4 bikes
- Carry up to 4 bikes with the Thule XT Pro XT Bike Add-on (sold separately, 2″ receiver only)
- Fits 20 – 29 ” wheels, fat bikes with up to 5″ tires, and hub spacing up to 197 mm
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill and fat bikes (does not fit 27.5″ fat bikes)
- Load capacity: 120 lbs (60lb max per bike)
- Dimensions: 54 x 15 x 43 inches.
- Folded dimensions: 54.7 x 22.5 x 33.8 inches