We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Looking to buy the best recumbent bike? You will find recumbent bike reviews, lowest prices, ratings, best buys, consumer reviews and more to help you make an intelligent decision.
But, the real question you have to answer is what is the best stationary recumbent exercise bike for you? This can only be answered by you.
After taking into consideration personal preferences, such as your present fitness level, level of workout intensity desired, your budget, how much space you have for home exercise equipment and the features you require. After considering these things it should be easy to narrow down what is the top recumbent fitness bike for you.
Recumbent Exercise Bike Reviews – What exactly is a recumbent exercise bike?
A recumbent exercise bike is a modernized bicycle that places the person in a laid-back position while riding. It is more convenient than the upright exercise bike. A recumbent bike has more conveniences than the traditional upright bike. Let me state three conveniences: first, this recumbent bike is good for overweight people specifically 300lbs because it will make them sit in a proper position with its wider comfortable seat, while the upright bike doesn’t give too much space for sitting, especially for overweight people. Second, the pedals of the recumbent bike are placed forward from the person’s body. In this way, it will make their legs and knees work harder than the traditional upright bike. Third, this recumbent bike is an excellent bike for people who have back pain. Unlike an upright bike, this recumbent bike allows users to sit with their back resting behind. On the other hand, the upright bike requires users to sit in a straight position without back support which is really not good for people who have back pain. And the result will just cause them much more back pain.
Size and Price of Recumbent Exercise Bike
The recumbent bike is much more expensive than the traditional upright bike because of its materials used for manufacturing. Obviously, the traditional bike only requires affordable and few materials used for manufacturing. The size of the two varies as well. The recumbent bike is bigger than the upright bike. So, it requires much more materials and expenses for manufacturing a recumbent bike. A traditional upright bike is usually around $150 while a recumbent bike is around $450.
How to choose a good Recumbent Exercise Bik
If you are adventurous, an upright bike is right for you. Of course, you cannot bring a high-tech recumbent bike anywhere you go because a recumbent bike is stationary and usually made for exercising at the convenience of your home. Furthermore, continuous use of upright bikes causes serious complications in your genital area especially if you are a male. A recumbent bike doesn’t give you a problem. It allows you to sit with support and place your legs in front of you which will really give you much healthier and more fitness benefits! And what’s more, you don’t have to leave your home just to have an exercise unless you are an outgoing person.
A position is very important in exercise. For example, if you have back pain and you opt to use an upright bike for exercising, then it will just cause you much more pain. A reclining position, which will help rest your back while exercising, is good for you if you have back pain. For that matter, a recumbent bike is an appropriate bicycle for you. Not just will you rest your back, you will also lose weight at the same time. However, if you opt to improve the sitting or standing position, then an upright bike is good for you. But, as they say, consult your doctor before you do exercise.
Let’s see how to use Recumbent Exercise Bike here.
Best Recumbent Bikes
Stamina Fusion bikes represent the biggest innovation in stationary bikes since the introduction of the recumbent. This new category of exercise bike combines the traditional biking feel of the upright with the comfort of the recumbent for a bike that you combining the feel of an upright bike with the comfort of a recumbent, the Stamina Magnetic Fusion provides a smooth, quiet magnetic resistance and fingertip tension control. And thanks to the comfortable, ergonomic design, you’ll exercise.
- Hybrid upright/recumbent stationary bike with smooth magnetic resistance
- Adjustable seat with 45-degree leg angle to reduce stress on hips and joints
- 6 preset fitness programs and heart rate program; pulse sensors built into handrails
- The large, two-color, backlit console displays workout time, RPM, heart rate, calories burned, distance, resistance level, and speed on one screen
- Water bottle holder with bottle; wheels for easy transport; leveling stabilizer caps
- Some assembly required; 3-year warranty on frame, 90 days on parts
The Stamina Magnetic Resistance Recumbent bike with its walk-thru design is easy to get on and off. Its adjustable, padded, molded seat with seatback keeps you in the correct position while you exercise so you get the best workout possible. The InTouch monitor keeps you motivated by tracking workout time, speed, distance, and calories burned. The simple one-button control makes it easy to use and the large LCD display makes it easy to read. Choose from six preset fitness programs with a pacing guide.
- Recumbent stationary bike for effective low-impact aerobic exercises in your home
- Eight levels of adjustable magnetic resistance with dial tension control to set workout intensity
- Six preset fitness programs with pace guide; includes challenging changing speed targets
- Pulse sensors built into handrails to easily stay within target heart rate zone
- In Touch monitor tracks metrics
- Walk-through design
- Some assembly required; 3-year warranty on frame, 90 days on parts
The Schwinn recumbent bike – Schwinn 230 has a walk-through design and scores of innovative features. It offers a full complement of workout programs including 1 Manual, 6 Profile, Calorie Goal, BMI Measurement, Recovery Test, Results Mode, and QuickStart. The recumbent Bio-Fit Comfort wide seat includes a dual-position lumbar support seatback and side bolsters. Save money on monthly gym fees and get yourself in shape with the compact, comfortable Schwinn 230 recumbent exercise bike.
- Compact stationary recumbent exercise bike with 6 preset programs and 16 resistance levels
- Easy-to-read DualTrack 2 LCD monitor displays time, distance, speed, calories burned, and offer increased visibility to programs and goal tracking
- Comfortable recumbent seat with dual-position lumbar support and fore/aft seat slider
- Recumbent handlebars with integrated heart-rate grips; wide Bio-Fit pedals
- Goal Track capability enables a user to set individual exercise goals; 2 user profiles for multiple users set up
- MP3 input to listen to your favorite playlist through in console speakers;
- Maximum User Weight 136 Kilogram
- High speed, high inertia drive system for easy start-up and smooth, quiet workouts.
- Dimension – 64 x 27.7 x 49.9 inches
- 22 preset workout programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- Seat rail slider system with easy-adjust lever customizes the fit for each user
- Charging USB port to keep phones, tablets or music players at full battery life
Get fit on your own schedule and in your own home with the A20 recumbent exercise bike from Schwinn Fitness. Boasting a computer-controlled, eddy current resistance system and a durable belt drive motor, the A20 runs smoothly and quietly, with eight resistance levels to keep you on your toes. The battery-powered bike also supports several different workout programs, so you can customize your workout and keep things fresh. And thanks to the informative LCD console, you can easily monitor your working
- 8 levels of resistance to keep you on your toes
- LCD console tracks your speed time, RPM, distance, pulse, speed, calories, resistance level, results and heart rate, and course profile
- High speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and quiet workout
- Recumbent exercise bike with eddy current resistance system
- Eight resistance levels, six preset workout programs, one quickstart/manual program
- 7 preset programs: 6 profile, 1 quick start
- Ergonomically placed grip heart rate monitors
- It also features a reading rack. water bottle holder, fan, and transport wheels
- Transport wheels allow for easy movement and storage
- step-through recumbent frame
- Padded and contoured seat for a comfortable ride; Weight capacity: 275 lbs, measures 16.5 x 40.5 x 61 inches (W x H x L)
- Frame warranty: 2 years, parts and electronic: 6 months, wear parts: 30 days
Looking for that perfect piece of fitness equipment that helps in achieving one’s fitness goal? Well, Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle is here! This is one amazing piece of equipment that everyone who wants to improve on their cardiovascular fitness should go for. Read on and see if this exercise bike machine will help you.
There are a lot of reasons as to what makes Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle tick. To name a few here are they:
- Cheap. It is priced at a relatively cheap price tag which enables anybody to go out there and grab this piece of equipment.
- Easy to assemble. One good thing about Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle is that it is so easy to assemble. It would only take a total of 45 minutes or so to do it. Provided of course that the instructions are read properly and every step is being followed through.
- Stable and sturdy. Who would not love a piece of fitness equipment that is as stable as Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle? Of course, everybody would definitely do so. It is so stable that no more worries of falling when using this machine.
- Extremely quiet with a comfortable seat. One of the most annoying things about other equipment is that upon using them they start to give off this horrible squeaking noise that becomes so disturbing and irritating all the time. With Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle, this would less likely to happen. The equipment itself is designed to remain as quiet as possible even when being used. Also, the seat is so comfortable to use. No issues of having a sore behind.
- Cushioned and adjustable seat
- LCD display
- Display indicators are the following: time elapsed, calories burned and distance
- Magnetic resistance type
- Total of 8 resistance levels
- 300 lbs is its max. weight capacity
- Maintenance (cleaning and care): use a damp cloth and wipe it clean
- Dimensions: height – 37.5”, width – 25.0” and length – 55.5”
- 64 lbs is its weight
- CURRENT SPEED: The maximum signal can be pickup is 99.9 M/H, TRIP DISTANCE: 0.00~99.99 M
- With 2 year warranty (limited)
If staying healthy and fit is in one of your short-term or even long-term goals, then the Exerpeutic 300SR Foldable Recumbent Bike may just be what you need. Even though exercising has always been daunting to many, this machine makes it quite an exciting experience thanks to the unique design features it possesses.
- A unique double-drive transmission system which has a quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system.
- Recumbent bike with a unique foldable design for easy storage.
- An adjustable magnetic system with tension control.
- LCD display to track your exercise specs such as distance, heart rate, time, speed and calories among others.
- A semi-recumbent design frame facilitating easy access and exit with the capability of supporting up to 300 pounds.
- Large seat cushion and backrest.
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Product setup dimensions: 33”L x 19”W x 46”H
Recumbent Exercise Bike Benefits
Increasingly, people have found that the best exercise machine for low impact aerobic workout, weight loss fitness and safety is the stationary recumbent bike as opposed to an upright exercise bike, treadmill or the other home fitness equipment for different reasons.
1) Recumbents are easy to use and recumbent exercise offers a good workout for anyone from beginners with no experience to serious competitors and can fit into small space Plus recumbents require little or no balance or coordination.
2) The comfort of the recumbent exercise bike is one reason for this. The bucket-like seats in a semi-reclining recumbent seating position offer full ergonomic back support for anyone with bad backs plus low impact exercise for those with aching joints, especially knees.
3) The recumbent exercise bikes convenience and variety. You get the benefits of riding a regular bicycle with a stationary recumbent exercise bike regardless of the weather. Also, unlike other home exercise machines, you can break the boring monotony of your workout. On a recumbent bike, you can multi-task by reading a book or magazine, you can watch tv or a movie, play a game and still get a good cardio and lower body exercise.
Now check out the different recumbent exercise bike best buys and reviews articles here for features and the best quality with lowest prices and find the best recumbent bike for you.